Sunday 2 January 2011

Honey has got an abscess



On Xmas Day I noticed Honey bunny has got an abscess. She was sneezing for around a week, so put her on Metacam and Baytril. I noticed her left nostril was a little more closed up so I started poking and discovered a little pea sized thing in the corner near her nose and lip. Laura confirmed its an abscess on Monday morning and put her on Septrin and Metronidazole. She is hoping the drugs will work as the opp might be difficult due to the location of the abscess (underneath the whiskers). The abscess is growing tho, the lose looks red and sore, hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. She's still eating well tho, tough little bunny. Back to Laura for checkup on Tuesday.

Ollie is looking after Honey incredibly well, he keeps grooming her constantly. He is very caring and even tell me off when I try to clean Honey's eye or nose. Her eye is sometimes a little wet so even just a couple of licks to make sure she's all groomed. Honey of course is loving it. He did try to run away with her antibiotic once! Well at least I know the drugs won't be a problem if he ever needs any.


No comments:

Post a Comment