Saturday 21 August 2010

Bonding week three - Meetings in the garden

One day the car got too warm for the bunnies so I had to come up with new idea. Since Ollie loved the garden so much I thought it may be nice if I organise something there. I didn't want them to have a free run in case fight broke out and I couldn't catch them so I separated a small area, armoured myself with the leather gloves and moved bunnies into the garden. 

Honey's territorial behaviour kicked in immediately and she became very bossy and protective of her chosen space in one plant pot. She would nip Ollie every time he passed by, but he just wanted her to play and kept coming back. So she kept getting told off and Ollie kept jumping about, a very happy bunnie indeed. 

This kept going on for a few days - until I realised I could take my protective gloves off and play with my new iPhone. There was chasing and nipping, but no fighting and no wounds. They were simply having a conversation. Progress was truly visible now, and the neighbours could stop wondering what I was doing in the car! Must have thought I was a right weirdo!


No comments:

Post a Comment