Wednesday 23 February 2011

Abscess gone?

Laura, Duncan and Romaine got together to discuss the abscess and decided that this will require a long term treatment with antibiotics. For now, Septrin and Metronidazole(Flagyl) should suffice, however they are likely to stop woking at some point. As a back up we will use Penicillin injections when this happens. For now Honey is doing very well I did not see any puss in the last two weeks. Before that I squezed a rather large (pea size) amount from the nose gland (where the lip splits, below the nose). I stopped antibiotics last week, and then Metacam a couple of days later. She seems alright, sleeps loads, but is eating well. I leave her will full bowl of food overnight (hard pellets and veg) and by the morning its all gone. Ollie is doing well too, doesn't mind being separated too much, just sleeps in his box. In the morning they behave like they didn't see each other for months! I often let them share a meal, and Ollie is very happy to give Honey some of his food. I think she is encouraged to eat when he is around because the food doesn't last long.

Ollie's dad asked if I would take another Giant Papillon, a 2 year old girl. I really really wish I could, but I think its best for Honey to have Ollie all to herself. I bet Oliver would love the idea tho, I think he would like to have someone else to play with. I don't want Honey to be rejected or bullied, they both love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment