Friday 3 September 2010

Sneezy bunny

Over the last few weeks Honey sometimes has a bit of a wet fur in the corner of her eyes. Last weekend I noticed a couple of sneezes, but on Tuesday there was big while snotter up her nose.  She is well otherwise and eats well. I called my new vet and he recommended starting her on Baytril and separating the rabbits. The minute he said that I lost my faith in his experience with rabbits.

Today we met yet another new vet. Laura is very nice, and obviously knows that you are not supposed to separate bonded rabbits. She confirmed it was just a very mild infection and nothing to worry about and added Metacam for a good measure. Honey should be better in a couple of days, but I should watch for Ollie. I suppose everything comes in twos again...

No comments:

Post a Comment