Thursday 16 September 2010

Vet visit - Fur mites again

On tuesday I noticed some matted fur on Honey's butt, and on closer inspection a little fur loss and there it was! Fur mites again. Straight to the vet for Ivermectin Injection. The vet couldn't find anything on Ollie but I am sure I've spotted one or two speckles of white "dandruff".

Mites infestation of officially the one condition I hate the most in rabbits. Last year on the November 18 my other rabbit Judy died after treatment with Xeno 450. I find it very difficult again, I miss my boy so much!

This is the second time Honey had mites, she keeps grooming all the time poor thing. I disinfected the entire house again, but I wish there was something else to be done to lessen the itching. Back to the vet next Friday for second injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment